Sunday 7 January 2018

Dreadball 2 Kickstarter from Mantic Games

I finally received the long awaited Dreadball 2 kickstarter last week and was somewhat underwhelmed by the lack of quality shown by some of the finishing and game components.

The package arrived in one box which contained two smaller boxes.


Here's a look inside the main box (see below). Their are lots of empty spaces in the box and i'm not sure were things live. Also the first BIG issue I had was the playing board being very poor. Mine had creases & dents all over the pitch.


A closer picture of some of the poor components which include crappy tokens and dice (see below - they really are very cheap, cracker type quality and I will not be using them in my games).

As you can see I was rapidly loosing interest in this as not only had I waited the best part of  a year and a half for this.


At least the figures for the teams are a little better in quality (see below) and the rule book is the main saving grace for this one, rolling in at 210 pages and containing everything needed to play whichever version of the game you want and with any of the released teams. Apparently their will be team cards released soon but we will have to buy them... thanks Mantic.


When I get round to painting up a few of the models I will revisit Dreadball again and post on my findings but I have to say that this has kind of knocked the stuffing out of not only wanting to play anytime soon but also supporting Mantic on any future Kickstarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a Comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...